Worried why you get poor grades on your essay writing?
It could be because you get confused about writing your essay conclusion.
Most of the students are in a hurry to finish their writing assignments. Thus, they often don’t pay enough attention to the final paragraph. It is because they fail to realize that the conclusion paragraph is as important as the introduction and the main body.
Since it is the final point, make sure that you make it worth remembering. Read our blog that provides a complete guide about how to write a conclusion.
1. What is a Conclusion?
A conclusion is the final paragraph of the essay, research paper or any other writing piece. A writer sums up all the important and key points of the essay in this section.
Similarly, it also restates your thesis statement that gives a sense of closure to the audience. It offers the last chance to persuade the reader about your viewpoint.
The main purpose is to conclude an essay in a way that gives readers a sense of completeness. Moreover, it can also give them a chance to think about or a call to action.
Lastly, it serves as the last impression that stays with the reader. Therefore, use this chance wisely and remind them about the importance of your essay.
2. How to Write A Good Conclusion Paragraph?
When writing a conclusion, the writer must think of a thesis statement that you want to share with the reader. Also, leave them with something to ponder over after reading your paper.
Here we have mentioned some important points that you must consider to start a conclusion.
Take help from the introduction while concluding your essay. If the introductory paragraph is up to the mark, then you can rewrite and use it in your last paragraph. Furthermore, your essay should be like a full circle, i.e. you must end where you started from.
Also, link the ending to the introduction by restating a keyword or phrase. It is beneficial to learn how to start an essay effectively in order to keep your readers hooked in your writing. If you want to learn more about how to write an essay introduction, head on to our blog.
There are cases where you write essays on a complex topic with more than three body paragraphs. In such a scenario, it is better to take out the crux and write in the concluding section. It will highlight all the important arguments that you have discussed earlier.
The best way to engage the readers is to give something to think about even after they're done reading. You can also suggest a course of action that will encourage them to think deeper. It will leave a strong impact on your essay.
3. Other Important Tips
Below mentioned are some important tips to consider while writing an interesting conclusion. These are the vital parts of essays.
3.1 Topic Sentence
There are different ways to start a conclusion but the most effective strategy is to rephrase the thesis statement. However, do not simply repeat it word by word. Though it should contain the same idea but with different wordings or a different order.
3.2 Supporting Sentences
In this section, a writer must wrap up the main ideas and points discussed in the main body. Similarly, he should also try to demonstrate the relationship between them by analyzing how everything fits together.
3.3 Closing Statement
The final words of the conclusion can include:
- A quotation
- A course of action
- Some provocative insight
- Encouragement for future study
Nevertheless, always remember to connect it back to the introduction.
3.4 Good Conclusion Starters
Use the following examples of the concluding sentence starters as a guide for writing essays.
- In conclusion
- As expressed,
- As a result
- For this reason
- In general
4. Do's and Don'ts of the Concluding Paragraph H2
The following are some essential approaches to consider while writing a concluding paragraph.
Some do's of the conclusion are given below:
- Link back to the introductory paragraph
- Summarize the main ideas without repeating it in the same wording
- Propose a course of action
Below mentioned are some don'ts.
- Do not introduce any new information.
- Never point out every single detail discussed in the body paragraphs.
- Do not end your essay with personal thoughts if you are not writing in the first person
- Avoid adding your opinion to it
- Avoid starting with phrases like “To conclude, to sum it up, in conclusion…”
- Do not discuss any supporting evidence in this section
5. Conclusion Sentences for Different Writing Types
A writer should keep in mind that the concluding sentences may differ for various types of writing. Examples of these writing types include narratives, descriptions, compare and contrast, and argumentative.
- The concluding sentence of a narrative essay should emphasize the moral lesson to the readers.
- The descriptive essay's conclusion would emphasize on summarizing the topic sentence and supporting details.
- Compare and contrast essays will restate both the topics in the conclusion. Moreover, it will also point out the similarities and differences between both objects.
- Lastly, the conclusion of the argumentative essays will sum up the central argument. Similarly, it will also reaffirm why the argument is correct along with its possible consequences.
6. Conclusion Examples
We have mentioned some examples for you to understand the concept of the concluding paragraph. Refer the outline for drafting a perfect conclusion for your essays.
Conclusion Paragraph Example (PDF)
Conclusion Paragraph Outline (PDF)
We have provided everything in this blog that can help you get started. However, if you are still confused and worried, you might need help from a professional essay writer.
Most of the online companies offer such services to the students at affordable rates. However, make sure to choose a reliable and authentic one.
FreeEssayWriter is a top-ranked writing service online that makes it the best among all. We have a team of experienced writers that guarantee to produce zero plagiarism content. Moreover, we help students with reasonable pricing plans.
Just reach out to us and contact our team to place the order.