500 Word Essay – A Step by Step Writing Guide
A 500-word essay is a common format assignment that can be followed while writing any type of essay. Most of the students wonder how to write a 500-word essay and get good grades.
The process is not so difficult. You can learn it in just a few hours to get the desired results. The 500-word essay also follows the traditional structure; introduction, body, and conclusion. Therefore, learning how to write a 500-word essay is not a big deal!
This article offers a step-by-step guide to write your paper. Read more to find out the proper structure and essay format.
500 Word Essay Definition
A 500-word essay is a typical essay format that can be followed for writing any type of essay such as analytical essay, persuasive essay, etc.,
If you are assigned to write a 500-word essay, make sure to use the correct essay format, structure, and research methodology.
Such types of essays are usually popular in colleges where students are asked to write on a particular topic within 500 words. Moreover, this size is also appropriate for a scholarship essay that can help you get financial aid. Therefore, many undergraduates have to write a 500-word essay.
How Long is a 500 Word Essay?
A typical 500-word essay can be written on one page if written in single-spaced format. However, the length of the scholarly essays usually differs depending on their field, format guidelines, and course requirements. Generally, it is a more precise piece of writing than a research article or thesis.
So, next time when the question of “how many pages is a 500-word essay?” strikes your mind. Remember, they are usually one page and a half long with five paragraphs. Each paragraph has a maximum of a hundred words.
How To Write A 500 Word Essay?
It is beneficial for the writer to put himself in the reader's shoes while preparing for a 500-word essay. Extensive research is required to think out of the box. If you have used some reliable sources for references, refer to them. This would increase the authenticity and credibility of your essay.
There are some important tips that need to be followed for writing an essay. Here are the basic steps for writing a perfect 500-word essay.
Find a complete description of each step in the following section.
- 1. Choosing a Right Topic
Mostly, teachers assign the topic. However, if you have the opportunity to choose yourself, spend enough time choosing the right topic. Also, think of ways to make it unique.
- 2. Research
After choosing a topic, it is better to conduct extensive research before writing. The research will increase your knowledge, making it easy for you to write on a specific topic.
- 3. Create an outline
After research, arrange your data into information. This arrangement is done while creating an outline of an essay. Drafting an outline of an essay is essential. It smoothes the process of writing.
Include your important points in the outline and create the heading and subheadings of each section.
- 4. Write your 500 Words Essay
Now it's time to put your gathered knowledge on the paper. Like other essays 500-word essay has the same structure that includes;
- Body section
Let's discuss each section in detail.
This section contains historical background and general information about the topic. Moreover, a writer should also think about the subtopics to identify a relevant thesis statement. It will discuss the central argument of your essay.
Similarly, an essay introduction also includes a hook statement that serves as an opening sentence of your essay. Its primary purpose is to grab the reader’s attention. A hook can be in the below-mentioned forms.
- A quotation
- A question
- Personal experiences
- Facts and figures
- Main Body
There are usually three body paragraphs in an essay that start with topic sentences, main ideas, and strong evidence to prove it. While writing a 500-word essay, you will have to use an impressive writing style for:
- Arousing the emotions in the reader by using the original approach
- Sharing your thoughts or opinions about the particular object
- Helping the reader to feel as he is a part of the story
The concluding paragraph should have a 50-word count maximum. It mainly summarizes the entire essay by restating the ideas discussed in the main body. Avoid introducing any new information that may confuse the readers.
- 5. Proofreading
Once you are done with the writing process, you must proofread your essay. Check for grammatical mistakes and sentence structure. A good practice is to read your essay aloud; this helps in identifying such problems.
How to Format A 500-Word Essay?
Before writing an essay, it is better to pay attention to all the requirements and guidelines. Though it is a common task thus, you will find much information on the internet about it.
Sometimes, there are different requirements given by a teacher or a school. However, if there are no specific requirements, you should follow the standard requirements for these assignments.
- Using Double Spacing
Double spaces are commonly used in your academic essays and thesis. It is because it makes the tasks much more readable and helps you use different writing styles.
- Using Times New Roman Font
Times New Roman font is widely used in scientific works. It makes the paper easier to read for everyone. Always select a 12pt font setting size for all the words. Similarly, it also helps you place many words in a small amount of space in your document.
- Use Appropriate Margin Size
Lastly, there should be one-inch margins on all sizes. It improves the overall outlook for your paper.
However, you can still take help from our blog on essay format for formatting your essays.
500 Word Essay Examples
If you are still finding it a challenging task, go through the below examples for better understanding.
500 Word Essay on Accountability
500 Word Essay on Being Late
500 Word Essay on Covid 19
500 Word Essay on Punctuality
500 Word Essay on why I Want to be a Nurse
500 Word Essay On Leadership
500 Word Essay On Honesty
500 Word Essay On Responsibility
Sample 500 Word Essay
Below you can also find an interesting 500 word essay sample that you can read for writing a good essay.
For more ideas, you can get help from our free essays to get help and use them as an example of work.
500 Word Essay Topics
The first step in writing a 500-word essay is to decide on the topic. You should pick something interesting and exciting to write your essay on.
Here you can also look at the following best 500-word essay topics for your essay.
- Pros and cons of student loans
- What is the definition of success
- What does power mean?
- The person that inspires you the most
- What problems do unemployed people face?
- Your views about adoption
- Rules high school students should follow before posting to Facebook
- What causes racism?
- Consequences of global warming
- Causes of panic attacks
- Freedom of speech
- Pandemic panic and mass media
If your instructor has not assigned the topic, you can choose from the above list and start the writing process.
500 Word Essay Writing Tips
Here are some expert tips that you can follow for writing a perfect 500-word essay.
- Create an Outline: It is better to plan your work before starting writing. Thus, develop a well-structured outline to organize all your ideas in one place.
- Always Use an Individual Writing Style: A writer should present his own way of thinking and viewpoints in his essay. It will show how you understand them by improving your writing skills.
- Checking Punctuation and Grammar: There are always some grammar and punctuation mistakes that go unnoticed. Hence, it is recommended to check your essays thoroughly with a spell and grammar checker.
- Plagiarism Check: For assuring that your work has no plagiarism, a writer should use online software. Similarly, he also does proper referencing to make sure that he did not copy someone’s work.
- Focus More on Introduction: An introduction is the first section of the essay and is considered as the first impression on the readers. Therefore, it should be given more focus to motivate the readers to read more.
- Read Other Sample Essays: Read a similar work written by other writers. It gives an idea about how to craft such an essay by including all the relevant elements in such a strict word count.
- Proofreading and Editing: A writer needs to spend enough time on editing and proofreading. Read your essays aloud to identify the mistakes and any incorrect sentence structure. Moreover, there is a wide range of online software that can help in checking the content.
Now you might have an idea of how to write a 500-word essay. However, if you still need any help, relying on a professional writing service is a good idea.
FreeEssayWriter.net is a top-ranked writing service online that makes it the best among all. We have a team of experienced writers that guarantee to produce zero plagiarism content. Moreover, we help students with reasonable pricing plans.
So next time you are looking for a cheap essay writer, trust us to get your papers done at affordable rates.
So, if you have no time to write your essay or any other research paper, we can address your request. Our essay writers can help you write a perfect essay or any kind of other academic paper within your specified time.
Place your order today and get help from a professional writer.